What dishes are suitable for induction plates
For the appearance of an induction panel in the house, it is necessary to prepare not only your wallet, but also the kitchen: say goodbye to the old electric or gas tiles, prepare a place to accommodate a new hob and make an audit of the dishes. What kind of pots and pans there will be a place in the updated space, and what will you have to refuse?
Unlike electric and gas slabs, the induction hob does not heat up itself, then to transfer the heat of the pan on it then. It operates on the principle of electromagnetic induction.
The TRUTH About Induction Cooking
- When the burner is turned on, the coil located under the ceramic case of the hob, forms the magnetic field.
- The vortex current emanating from it penetrates the bottom of the dishes standing on the plate.
- Under the action of the current, the bottom heats up.
- The heat created directly in the bowl is partially transmitted to Korke back.
The advantages of the induction surface are based on this principle:
- Kitchen utensils are heated very quickly;
- The time to cook food is reduced;
- Less energy is consumed;
- Safety increases, since the main part of the surface remains cold;
- The risk of fire is reduced;
- Care is simplified, because the food that has fallen on the panel does not burn.
In order for the induction stove to heat any object, its bottom should absorb the energy of the magnetic field. Not all substances and materials are capable of this. Therefore, the utensils used on the induction panels have special requirements. What dishes can be used?
Why not all dishes are suitable for induction
Traditionally, food on the stove is prepared due to the principle of heat transfer. The heating element (gas burner or electric) generates the heat that is transmitted to the dishes, and then the products. Induction slabs use a completely different physical principle:
- Working element. Induction coil, which is located inside the plate, under glass.Ceramic;
- In the magnetic bottom of the dishes, currents appear, which release heat;
- The heat generated in the dishes itself is transmitted to products and prepares them. In the plate itself, in fact, heating does not occur.
Thus, in order to implement this principle of operation, the dishes must be permeable for electromagnetic waves and have magnetic properties.
How to determine that dishes are suitable?
Visual inspection of the product and packaging will help to check the compatibility of dishes with an induction stove:
- Look for a symbol of a spiral or inscription Induction;
- Check the bottom: should be perfectly even;
- Attach the magnet: if you stick, you can take.
Ordinary dishes do not magnetize, may have an uneven bottom (with protrusions or recesses) and do not have an induction symbol.
Dishes of what material is suitable for induction type plates
The most suitable raw materials for the manufacture of kitchen utensils, which is suitable for induction hobs, are considered stainless steel and cast iron. These options have their pros and cons of.
- Dishes from this material is susceptible to oxidation;
- In dishes prepared in such a pan, more vitamins are preserved;
- You can store food in such a bowl without shifting into separate containers.
For those who do not want to part with their beloved copper or glass pot, a special adapter was invented.
It is a flat disk with a pen and is an adapter between the stove and dishes. Due to the fact that it is made of magnetic material, the adapter heats up and transfers heat to the subject. In fact, it is the very bottom to which the requirements of magnesium are imposed.
The stand is also suitable for products that have a smaller diameter than necessary, for example, Turks for coffee or small stewpan.
However, keep in mind that the cooking speed in this case is slightly reduced, since the adapter becomes a heat conductor and inevitably part of it is lost. So, the operating time and the amount of electricity spent increases.
Modes and functions
Experienced housewives know that for the preparation of some dishes it is important to adhere to a certain temperature regime. The settings of most of the presented options allow you to adjust the range.
When buying, it is worth paying attention to that there are at least 14 power modes in the device. This will simplify the use of equipment.
Numerous additional functions will make cooking even more pleasant pleasure. Here are which of them should pay increased attention.
- Management blocking may be vital in families with young children.
- The protective shutdown function will automatically turn off the device at the moment when the liquid “escaped” from the pan comes to the surface.
- It is very convenient and the presence of a timer that turns on the plate at the right time. For greater comfort of using, there is a sound signal.
- The indication reserve heat will show how cool the surface has cooled.
- If necessary, prepare something very quickly, you can use the Power Boost mode, which will increase the power of the burner, “pulling” the power of the neighboring.
- Power Management is able to control energy consumption. In practice, this works like this: the user sets the necessary consumption rate, and the plate will adhere to this rule. In the same way, you can adjust the desired temperature by writing it in the device memory.
- Cooking can be temporarily stopped by pause, or you can extend, maintaining heat (very convenient in those families where family members return home at different times).
- Another interesting innovative technology is the so.Called induction without boundaries, when the pan is simply placed on the stove anywhere, and the equipment includes heating exactly there. This is not all manufacturers can be found by know-how.
Each user himself determines the functions he needs for himself. For example, defrosting and a program for the preparation of individual dishes are not so and relevant. You can do without them well.
Any kitchen utensils need regular care and proper operation, and pots for induction confrores did not exclude in this matter.
But in the light of their characteristics, they will require compliance with some important recommendations that will allow you to save the containers attractive and functional for a long time.
TOP-2 of the best pan and stewpan for induction plates
Pans and stewpan for induction plates should also be equipped with a special magnetic bottom. You can buy ready.Made dishes in the set, but many users prefer to buy stewpan and pans separately.
Neva Metal Ferra dishes induction 59028
Despite the fact that the cost of this pan is higher than the average, it has a well.Thought.Out design and high quality manufacturing, so it will last for many years.
The case is made of aluminum, so the dishes are quickly warmed up. The bottom is multi.Layer and efficiently magnetized. Inside the wall and bottom have a titanium anti.Stick coating. It is considered the highest quality and modern, so you can even turn the products even with a metal spatula.
The handle of the pans is covered with bakelite. This material does not heat up and is not deformed under the influence of high temperatures. In addition, the handle itself is removable, so the frying pan can be used to baking your favorite dishes in the oven. Outside and inside the pan, it is easily cleaned by manually pollution, but, if necessary, it can also be washed in a dishwasher.
Finding the Right Pots and Pans for Induction Cooking
- Suitable for cooking dishes without oil;
- High.Quality and durable anti.Stick coating;
- Removable handle of bakelite;
- Can be washed in the dishwasher;
- Warms up quickly and evenly.
Tima Art Granit Induction Ati-2026
A small, high.Quality and stylish stewpan will become an indispensable assistant in home or professional cuisine.
The multilayer bottom allows the use of dishes not only on ordinary gas or electric, but also on induction plates. The case is made of aluminum, so the saucepan warms up quickly and evenly. The versatility of the dishes lies in the fact that the stewpan body is quite deep, so you can not only cook in it, but also fry and extinguish small portions of products.
The walls and the bottom inside have a marble anti.Stick coating, which is resistant to mechanical damage. Due to this, you can even turn the dishes even with metal blades, without fear of the formation of chips and scratches. The stewpan’s handle does not heat up and, if necessary, it can be removed to cook your favorite dishes in the oven.
You can wash the stewpan both manually and in the dishwasher.
- High.Quality marble anti.Stick coating;
- Removable handle allows the use of dishes in the oven;
- Suitable for all types of plates, including induction;
- Can be washed in the dishwasher;
- High sides.
Comparison of induction and electric plates
|Suitable dishes||Special dishes with ferromagnetic properties||Dishes with a perfectly flat bottom|
|Heating speed||Almost instantly||From 7 to 20 minutes|
|Efficiency||About 90%||About 60%|
|Economy||Consumes less electricity, costs cheaper||Consumes a lot of electricity|
|Security||The hob is safe for children and animals||Presents the danger of fires, burns|
|Noise||Quite quiet sounds, buzz||Silent|
|Care||Fluids and food are easily removed with a damp cloth||Pollution is difficult to do|
|Control||Automatic environment, sensory regulation||Mechanical or sensory inclusion and regulation|
Based on the above table, we can conclude that a modern induction stove is a choice in the direction of convenience, safety and functionality.
Of course, the hob is also suitable for use, but it will not save the time and patience of the housewives as the induction stove will do.