Tips on how to rinse the boiler from the smell of hydrogen sulfide
If hot water from the boiler has the smell of gouache, anise, plastic, medicines. It’s time to sound the alarm. Most likely there is phenol or formaldehyde in the water. These substances are dangerous to health, in small doses lead to headache and sleep disturbances. And in large ones. To serious poisoning and violations in the work of internal organs
Phenols and formaldehyde most often selects low.Quality plastic from which water pipes are made. Alas, the only way to get rid of it is to completely replace the system of hot water supply pipes.
Some cheap manufacturers make a tank of a storage boiler made of plastic. It can also distinguish harmful substances when heated. In this case, everything is also regrettable. It is necessary to change the boiler. From phenols and formaldehyde, no filters will help.
Elimination of external causes
Filters for the boiler
But let’s start in order. Eliminate the smell of hydrogen sulfide, the cause of which is not a water heater can be in three ways:
- Deepen the well or well and take water from another horizon.
- Set the appropriate filters at the input of the water supply system to the house.
- Contact the Housing and Public Utilities Service or Vodokanal, which should be responsible for the quality of water supplied to your house.
The first two points depend exclusively on you, but the reactions from public utilities can be expected for a long time, because they have such a habit, blame their problems for the lack of funding, the inaccessibility of materials, and so on and so on and so forth.
Propagation of bacteria
Microorganisms multiply if you use a boiler rarely, or if it works in an economical mode (t.E. Heating to 55-60 ° C). They distinguish life products, which is why there is an unpleasant odor. Most often rotten or rotten.
How to remove the smell from the boiler in this case? Warm the equipment and drain water. You may have to repeat this procedure a couple of times. If it does not help, then you need to do the flushing. And if even then the smell does not disappear, it means that the problem is not that.
In order not to think why the water heater flowed from below, you need to follow it.
For example, so that the boiler does not flow, before entering the pipe into the device, it is necessary to mount a ball valve or high.Quality valve. This element should withstand constant pressure drops.
- Periodically, the replacement of the filter membranes with new ones should be replaced, if they wear out and stretch, the water heater flows.
- Carry out grounding in accordance with the instructions.
How do Water Heaters Work?
In order not to think, if the water heater flowed, what to do, it is necessary to rinse the device.
To ensure a long service life of any water heater, as well as the lack of smell, it is necessary to carry out regular care for the boiler. It includes checking the operability of thermostats, periodic cleaning of the capacity, replacing the anode and the explosive valve.
Men’s Eight Rowing Heats Highlights. London 2012 Olympics
The accumulation of mud deposits on the anode leads to a decrease in the operational period, and, again, to the occurrence of an unpleasant odor. From the rust that has formed on the heater, the metal suffers, which serves as a shell of the heating element. And if the boiler began to flow, then it is no longer possible to fix this defect.
It is worth paying attention to the fact that without proper service, any boiler can become a threat to human health and even life.
Design features and principle of action
Before cleaning, you need to deal with the main features of various types of structures, as well as the principle of their action.
Most often people install in apartments a boilers of accumulative type. The main difference between these models and other products is that the heating component is located inside the tank. Fluid heating is carried out using electricity. During heating, the liquid constantly circulates inside the product.
Among the shortcomings of accumulative models can be highlighted that they consume electricity throughout the day. Because of this, one device consumes more than one kilowatt of electricity every day. Therefore, such models are not suitable for people who want to reduce electricity consumption.
People who are interested in more compact products should pay attention to running boilers. Such designs are very small, since their size does not exceed the dimensions of the middle shoe box
Thanks to this, the running heaters will not take up too much space and fit into any interior.
The main advantage of this boiler system is its cost, since it is several times cheaper than accumulative technology. They also do not consume a lot of electricity, which reduces the consumption of electricity when heating the liquid.
Widely popular are products working with electricity. They are known for the simplicity of their operation and reliability. Cold fluid heating is carried out using a heater, which is installed inside the heating system. Tanks of electric models are created from metal materials that do not rust and prevent the development of corrosion.
The advantages of electric boilers include the following:
- The simplicity of installation, which allows you to install the design to people who have never done this;
- The ability to connect the product to two or more sources of water flow;
- Large supply of heated liquid.
Among the disadvantages of electrical structures are highlighted:
Such containers heat the liquid using a built.In gas burner. Boilers of this type are with a closed and open combustion chamber. It is recommended to use closed models, as they do not need an additional air flow to improve combustion.
Gas boilers have the following advantages:
- Low cost compared to electric structures;
- Stability to corrosion;
- High.Quality thermal insulation, thanks to which water will not cool for a long time.
The disadvantages of gas boiler structures include this:
Methods of getting rid of smell
There are several methods for eliminating unpleasant stench, which must be familiarized in advance.
Elimination of external causes
There are three ways that allow us to eliminate the external causes of the smell inside the tank:
- The deepening of the well or well from which the water enters the boiler for further heating;
- Installation of additional filtration components for cleaning fluids that enters the water system;
- Seek help in a water utility and complain about the poor quality of water.
Elimination of internal reasons
Sometimes external factors do not affect smells inside the tank and therefore will have to get rid of internal reasons. The following actions are performed for this:
- Fully clean the boiler of the liquid;
- Fill the tank with new water;
- Turn on heating and heat the liquid to 80-85 degrees;
- Do not disconnect the water heater within 2-3 hours;
- Re.Merge the heated water;
- Fill the boiler with cold liquid and enable the usual mode of operation.
Aeration of water from the well
It is profitable to install an open storage tank with aeration of water from the well in the attic, under the roof.In a private house, aeration of water is easier and cheaper than a non.Pressure. In the non.Pressure system, an open storage tank with aeration of water from the well is installed in the attic of the house. The water in the tank is supplied with a well pump, and it goes by the water discharge by gravity.
An open storage tank can also be installed below, in a pit, a well of wells or another room. But then to supply water from the tank for water discrimination to the house you will have to install another pump.
The non.Storage of water aeration is used to remove iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide from the water. Effectively removes hydrogen sulfide with a concentration in water to 2 mg/l.
To remove hydrogen sulfide in the aerator tank, a water spray is installed on the input pipe. Drops of water during the fall are mixed with atmospheric air, partial removal (blowing) from the water of the gases: hydrogen sulfide, methane, carbon dioxide, etc.
The compressor supplies air to the aerator at the bottom of the container. As a result, the water in the tank is saturated with oxygen. The hydrogen sulfide is oxidized to insoluble sulfur and the water is finally cleaned of hydrogen sulfide.
Aeration, saturation with water air directly in the storage tank leads to an increase in the content of free oxygen in water. As a result, the anaerobic habitat of sulfatereducing bacteria changes to less favorable for their life.
Aeration also reduces the compounds of iron and manganese compounds dissolved in water. The process of water is executive occurs. As a result of saturation of water with oxygen, the double.Watering iron dissolved in water is oxidized to a three.Seal form of iron hydroxide in the form of solid particles suspended in water. Particles slowly fall into a red-brown sediment.
In the case of high content in water from the well of organic pollution, reagents are additionally added to the non.Pressure aeration tank, for example, sodium hypochlorite.
When installing aeration in a storage tank with your own hands, you can use equipment similar to water aeration in the well (see. Higher).
At the output of water from the accumulative tank, it is recommended to install finely porous filters that capture solid soluble in water particles of sulfur and other chemical compounds.
The non.Pressure station aeration of water from the well for a private house is equipped with all the necessary equipment at the factory
Goods for aeration of water from a well or well
The non.Pressure station of water aeration has the following advantages:
- Thanks to the use of sufficiently large containers (300-1000 liters), long-term water interaction with oxygen is provided for long, compared with other methods of aeration of water. This guarantees the most effective oxidation of iron and hydrogen sulfide. There is a complete removal of hydrogen sulfide, which came with water in a tank from a well, from a aquifer.
- A large supply of water constantly existing in the aeration tank, excludes the lack of pressure in the house in case of interruptions in the work of the well.
- From the pump in the well, it is not required to create high water pressure.
- If necessary, the non.Storage aeration station allows dosing a disinfectant in the corps of the storage tank (dosing of sodium hypochlorite, potassium permanganate, etc.)
This method is not deprived and shortcomings. The main disadvantage is the bulky equipment, the need to purchase an air compressor, as well as the energy intensity of the entire system.
Reasons for the smell of hydrogen sulfide, about which readers told:
Recently, one of the customers who turned to us by the presence of a characteristic smell from water, which had not previously been. He had a 500 liter accumulator. So, until they changed the membrane in the tank of the accumulator, the smell did not disappear. Replaced the membrane and the smell disappeared, everything normalized. There was a large plaque inside the membrane.
It happens even more banal. Air pressure in the accumulator long ago at zero. Naturally, the water is not updated there and, accordingly, fades. It is easily treated. The pressure of 1.5. 2.0 atm is restored, then the hydraulic accumulator is washed with a multiple set and water production.
On this topic:
⇒ Hot water supply of a private country house ⇒ either cold, then hot water comes from the boiler ⇒ Solar collector. A water heater for the house, pool
On this topic
- How to make drainage around the foundation at home with your own hands
- Painting the facade, walls of the house outside
- Films and membranes for hydro-steamproof and wind protection of the house
- Coarse expanded clay concrete. Material for the construction of the walls of the house
- Build a house on one floor or two?
- Soil water in the basement. What to do?
- What area of the premises to choose for the construction of the house
- Heat block, heat, silicon, polyblock. Three.Layer wall block
What to do if the water in the water heater has faded?
If you feel the pungent smell of hydrogen sulfide, then to inhibit the vital activity of bacteria, you can set the heating temperature to the maximum, which will lead to the death of a colony and eliminate a specific aroma. Cleaning and replacing Ten will help to solve the problem.
Dramatic measures will help to get rid of the bacteria colony in the boiler: for this you need to drain the entire system, fill in clean water and run to full power for the day or at night. This method will get rid of the unpleasant aroma and prevent its appearance.
Than and why water smells from the water heater: we eliminate problems
If you feel the pungent smell of hydrogen sulfide, this can be caused by the above reasons. The best way out will be monitoring the state of water pipes, replacing the failed sites and installing polyphosphate filters for cleaning fluids running from the tap. Filters for cold water are designed about 30 cubic meters of fluids passing through them and will help extend the service life of your water supply and boiler.