The sewing machine began to skip the stitches why?
Before leaving, all masters undergo mandatory medical control. Repair in a mask and gloves.
Calling the master
Leaving a professional repair application is very simple. Fill out online form or call:
The reasons why the sewing machine passes the stitches can be different. From the incorrectly selected mode of operation of the device to deformation of the needle or the gear of the opera of the shuttle. Such a malfunction is characteristic of the technique of all domestic and foreign manufacturers, starting with an inexpensive seagull machine, ending with an elite semi.Professional technique of Singer, Juki, Janome or Jaguar.
Masters of the AiSberg service center will repair sewing machines of any difficulty level, regardless of the brand, model or year of production. All work is carried out at the house at the client without transporting equipment to the workshop. To call the master, call 8 (495) 213-33-33 from 7:00 to 23:00 on any day (including holidays and weekends) or leave an online application on the website.
Thread is torn: Causes and solutions
The reasons why the upper thread is torn in a sewing machine is confused or the lower thread breaks off is a lot, but most often the source serves:
Stitching tips. How to stitch with elastic thread in sewing machine
- Tension system;
- Improper selection of a needle and/or threads;
- Malfunction of the shuttle mechanism and wear of the needle plate;
- Lack of lubrication on mobile elements of the machine.
Each case has its own characteristics and nuances that should be considered separately in order to know when the breakdown can be eliminated independently, and when you can not do without a competent master.
DISPECTION in the tension regulator
The tension unit is located on the outer side of the case. Its task is to ensure the stable passage of the upper thread and prevent its sagging. Often the source of the malfunction is the wrong assembly of the regulator, namely, the installation of a conical spring is not the same side. Often this device is disassembled by children or incorrectly collect after prevention in the service center. To eliminate the breakdown, it is necessary to correctly install all the elements of the mechanism in the correct order (it is important that the spring is directed to the narrow end to the outside).
If Zazubrin is detected, curvature and other deformations on the details of the tension unit, it is recommended to replace them with new.
Quality and correct selection of sewing accessories
Poor.Quality thread is one of the frequent causes of a break in a line. When sewing, it is worth abandoning heavily twisted fibers, and you do not need to use old Soviet threads 0, since they often do not withstand standard tension and can have nodules, unevenness and other defects on the surface. The gap can occur near the coil, under the needle or in any other place.
The stitch break also occurs in the case of using a large diameter bobbin. Such coils are intended more for industrial machines, and not for household. Too large mass of yarn and bobbin diameter interfere with uniform tension of the fiber and its stable feed.
Defective needle is another reason for the problem. If the curvature of the tip or any other defect is detected, the needle must be replaced. The thread is often torn if the size of the needle is incorrect when working with too dense fabrics (cotton, leather, tarpaulin, wool).
The correct choice of sewing accessories will avoid a break in the stitch in most cases.
Damage to the needle plate and shuttle
With prolonged intensive operation of the machine inside the holes of the needle plate, hezabines, roughness and other defects can appear, about which the thread will cling and break. With a slight wear, flaws can be eliminated by grinding holes with a diamond stone. If this does not help, you need to put a new plate.
A failure in the work of the shuttle mechanism leads to a break in the upper thread due to too strong tension. At the same time, the machine makes a rattle and knocks. The problem is solved in two ways. Installing the shuttle in the correct position or cleaning the internal space from dust, fibers of fabric and other contaminants. Otherwise, you need to replace the shuttle or the entire mechanism.
To establish which mechanism failed, and why the sewing machine does not sew correctly, most often you can by external signs. However, before looking for problems in the work of the sewing unit, you should make sure that it is operated correctly, and the seamstress owns work skills. For example, the sewing machines of old samples are practically not adapted for sewing knitwear, and too strong pulling up the material during operation leads to a breakdown of the needle.
Why the needle does not rise and the paw does not drop
The main reasons that the sewing machine jammed (neither the needle nor the paw moves):
- Violations in the consistency of the needleman and the shuttle device;
- A long absence of lubrication of nodes, details, the appearance of rust on their surface, which is why it ceased to be smooth.
In electric cars with a weak tension of the belt, the engine is heard, but the sewing machine does not sew. The needle does not move. In modern models of the “Jan” type, the needle lifting button does not work if the bobbin blood coat is in the wrong position.
The needle breaks
Frequent reasons for the banal breakdown of the needle during the operation of the machine:
- Too strong tension of the upper thread, especially if it is very durable (approximately enough that, with a paw of lowered, the thread can be pulled out with some effort with some effort);
- The needle is not inserted into the needler completely, until it stops, so with each stitch there is a blow to the shuttle;
- Discrepancy between the thin needle with thick fabrics;
- Poor fastening of the foot (due to its movements, the needle enters it);
- Needle defects (usually bent);
- The displacement of the needleman due to the weakening of its fastening;
- Incorrect performance of work techniques-too strong pulling up the needle fabric, incorrectly seasoned thread.
Note! The most common cause of the needle breakup is its incorrect installation in the needler.
The shuttle is faulty, or its adjustment was violated
Incorrect adjustment of the shuttle device leads to the fact that the distance between it and the needle in its lower position is more or less than the norm (2 mm). In this case, he does not have time to drop the thread or capture it. The car begins to pass the stitches or loop in the seam.
If the sewing machine tears the thread
There are a lot of reasons for the cliff of the upper thread. The main of them is a strong clamping of the thread between the washers of the tension regulator. Some of the additional reasons:
- Touching the opening of a needle plate, the soles of the paw or a sliding cap (most often it is from Zinger or Podolsk of an old model);
- Insufficient tension of the upper thread;
- The inconsistency of the needle number thickness of the material (too thin needle);
- Needle marriage;
- Problems in the work of the tension regulator.
The lower thread can be torn due to the fact that it is clamped in the bobbin with a plate spring cap, confused in it, or just a bobbin has not been lubricated for a long time.
If the sewing machine does not promote the fabric
Poor tissue promotion is usually caused by:
- Distorting the soles of the paw, because of which it does not press the material with the entire surface;
- A blunt of the teeth of the Reiki;
- Improper installation of the rail (for example, in embroidery mode).
Note! An attempt to make efforts to advance fabric under a needle, can lead to tissue spoilage and needle breakdown.
If the output is a bad line
Oblique uneven stitches, as a rule, have a reason:
- The seam tightens the fabric. This problem is often in old machines when working with thin fabrics and cannot be adjusted;
- The stitches have an uneven size-it is required to replace the main gear due to erasing its teeth.
If the sewing machine passes the stitches
First of all, check the needle. Old, curved. Replace with a new.
When sewing with silk threads, you can try to turn the coil first to change the direction of the wings. If these simple actions have not helped, the reason is in serious ventilation of the machine.
The drive belt is weakened
A foot belt or an electric drive can slip due to weak tension. At the same time, the pulley is spinning, but the sewing machine does not sew. In general, the weaker the belt is stretched (but enough that the pulley does not slip), the easier the process of the machine.
Poor sewing line
If the upper thread loop, the line on top remains even, and from below. The entire seam in loops. The reasons for this:
- Weak tension of the upper thread (increases by the tension regulator);
- Mismatch of the needle size of the threads;
- Clogging of the tension regulator of the upper thread with dust, fibers;
- Excessive tension of the lower thread (adjustable in the bend);
- Damage or wear of the plate spring in the cap of the bobbin (you need a new one).
- The threads are unevenly wound in the bobbin (with manual winding);
- The lower thread is weakly stretched or excessively upper;
- There are flap defects (perhaps it should be replaced with a new one).
The thread breaks, the machine passes the stitches. What to do?
Thread break and passage of stitches. These are the most common malfunctions of sewing machines. They can interrupt the production process, affect the quality of products, reduce the profit of the sewing factory and the efficiency of the operators of sewing equipment. Because of which the thread can be torn, and the machine can pass the stitches?
- The thread inappropriate in thickness and characteristics for the stitched material was selected
- The thread is poor.Quality, uneven in thickness
- The thickness of the thread does not correspond to the size of the needle or the size of the needle ears
- Determined or faulty are workers and eyes
- The thread is incorrectly tucked
- Excessive thread tension
- Faulty or low.Quality needle, incorrect installation of the needle
- Burrs or sharp surfaces on the parts of sewing machines
- The sewing machine is not adjusted, not properly tuned
- Malfunction in the mechanism of tissue supply
- Incorrect handling of the operator
As you can see, there are a lot of reasons. Why is the thread torn or why there is a pass of stitches in a line. Let’s start in order.
The loop should be formed correctly
The loop in the sewing machine of the shuttle stitch is formed by the shuttle, and in the overlock or a hasty machine. Looper.
If something goes wrong, then the device forming the stitch can hit the thread. And it will be broken, or the device may not have time to make a loop, then we have the passes of the stitches in the line. Why is this happening?
- The thread stretches too much, that is, it lengthens when forming the stitch
- The cause of the troubles can lie in the direction of the twist of the fibers of the thread, and the degree of twisting of the fibers, that is, the thread breaks into the fibers during the formation of the loop
- Flexibility/stiffness of the thread is also an important factor
- Smoothness, sherkhinity of the surface of the thread, on which the force of friction of the thread on the thread of the thread depends
If you have an inadequate ratio of the size of the needle and the thickness of the thread, then also wait for the troubles. The fabric will drag on the needle when it takes the highest position. This is the most common reason for skipping stitches!
Sometimes it happens that the machine passes the stitches when you cross another seam. The problem arises due to a sudden change in the thickness of the material. The foot stops to reliably clamp the material, in addition, the tension of the thread increases sharply.
Lengthening, stretching, stretching of the thread
The extensibility of the thread depends on the nature of the fibers, the nature and degree of their twisting. Nylon and polyester threads stretch much more than 100% cotton. The cotton thread is stretched by 3-4% and breaks, while polyester can stretch by 17-20%. Thanks to its properties, a polyester thread can provide a more elastic and durable seam. To ensure the proper formation of a loop, use polyester threads with a high initial threshold for stretching. Resistance to stretching will not allow the thread to stretch during the formation of stitches.
Sliding of the thread. This is another factor on which the proper formation of the stitch depends. Ideal sliding provides uniform voltage of the thread passing through the tension regulators and the rules. Great sliding allows you to form a stitch with minimal force.
The thread should be homogeneous in order to go through all the mechanisms well. What is a homogeneous thread?
- Homogeneous thread structure along the entire length of the thread
- Uniformity in thickness
- Uniform for stretching
- Uniform in strength
Such sewing qualities as the uniformity of the coloring of the thread, stability of color, stability of the thread for abrasion and wear can be noted. Synthetic threads are usually lubricated with lubricant based on silicone or wax so that they do not heat the needle during friction. The greater the sewing speed, the more heat is released during friction of the thread on the needle. It is worth noting that the greased thread penetrates the fabric easier. The friction of the thread also depends on its structure (twisted or mono fiber) and the nature of the fibers (cotton, wool, polyester)
Using a needle with a round flask leads to passes: what to do
For high.Quality work with a fabric, Biflex or another, you need to make sure that the correct type of needle with a round flask is installed.
Important! If it is taken from another model, this can lead to disturbance with other elements of the mechanism.
Differences can be insignificant, but at the same time the needle will tear the material. Minor differences in quality can cause the problem.
Incorrect installation of a pusher
Many craftswomen are familiar with such a problem, in the arsenal of which there is a PMZ sewing machine or other old.Style models. Independently carry out work on dismantling and replacing or reinstalling this part is not recommended. Sometimes the knot is easier to replace with a new. When installing, the flattened part of the pusher is placed from the lever.
The reasons why the sewing machine tears the thread below is also a lot. Among them:
It is often possible to detect a specific cause only when dismantling a cap from the holder followed by inspection.
The main types of malfunctions and their elimination
All machines, regardless of the type of structure (electric, manual, mini-machines), form a seam according to a single principle. This is a complex and accurate process of interaction of the needle and shuttle device. In its extreme lower position, the shuttle captures the thread and forms the stitch, which is delayed when it lifted to the upper position. The most important parameter is the distance between these two elements, which is in the range of 0.2-0.3 mm. If the gap is larger, the thread will not be captured and a pass will appear in the line.
The reasons why the sewing machine does not scribble is a lot. But among them the most common can be distinguished:
- Wear of mechanisms;
- Non-compliance with the rules for the selection of the pair “Igla-Lobe”;
- Improper thread tension;
- Features of devices of different models.
In some cases, the malfunction is easily eliminated by the owner itself. But in some situations it is recommended to contact specialists of the technical center.
Types of technology and features of the lack of a line
Despite many general malfunctions, there are breakdowns characteristic of each type of apparatus.
In domestic conditions, three main models of machines are used:
If the standard electric sewing machine does not flash, perhaps an electric drive or engine is out of order. It is recommended to check the integrity of the power cord, the correct connection and the presence of current in the network.
A mini-machine is considered a reduced copy of the standard device. Among the famous world brands you can find compact models Jaguar, Janome, Pfaff, JuKi and other manufacturers. Typically, such devices overheat the engine with prolonged continuous operation or problems arise with activities with dense matters (tarpaulin, cotton, leather). To avoid malfunctions, it is recommended to clearly follow the manufacturer’s instructions, carefully select the fabric, thread and needle, and also do not overload the electric drive.
The manual apparatus has compact dimensions, works on batteries and is often used for simple sewing or as a training sample for children. If a manual sewing machine does not make a stitch, then most likely the shuttle mechanism fails. Given how much such a model costs and not always high.Quality assembly, it makes no sense to repair it and easier to buy a new one or order a full standard unit.
If the old device begins to pass the stitches or simply refuses to sew, then the source is mechanical wear of components or an increase in the clearance between the nose of the shuttle and the needle. The defect can be eliminated by replacing the appropriate components. In some cases, it will be more advisable to buy a new unit than to invest in expensive spare parts.
If when sewing, the fabric goes very slowly, and creaks, clang and other extraneous sounds are also heard, old mechanisms may need lubrication. This process can be performed independently, without involving a specialist.
Problem with the choice of thread and needles
To make the work stable, you should correctly select the thread and needle depending on the type of matter. The wrong choice quickly affects the quality of sewing dense materials (like a tarp, leather or cotton). Too thin needle physically cannot break through the canvas and form a stitch, which leads to an uneven line, passes and even breaking the details.
There is a common problem when sewing knitwear that is characteristic of all machines (Veritas, MerryLock, Bernina, Brother, etc. Knitwear is an elastic material that has a special structure of fiber interweaving, which creates difficulties when working with it in everyday conditions. You can cope as follows:
- Buy a special “knitwear” needle with a rounded end. She will gently spread the fibers, preventing their damage;
- Install a conveyor is a special device that provides uniform promotion of the canvas, preventing its stretching and crushing;
- Use polyester threads that are well suited for knitwear.
Carefully selected accessories for specific material provide stable operation of the device and high quality of the seam.
Incorrect thread tension
In the formation of the stitch, one of the important roles is played by thread tension. Когда происходит слишком большое натяжение верхней, челнок не всегда образует петлю, а на шве появляются пропуски. Therefore, its refueling must be carried out according to the recommendations of the manufacturer of equipment indicated in the operating manual.
Checking the tension and proper refueling of the upper and lower thread is performed independently, without calling the engineer of the technical service.
The reasons for the occurrence of problems with the sewing machine
When a malfunction appears, it is important to identify its root cause
Sewing Machine Tension Issues SOLVED
Hand machine malfunctions
The following factors are also brought to malfunctions:
- Non.Compliance with the rules of operation of the device. Often acquiring a new, but not the first sewing machine for itself, the seamstress does not read detailed instructions for operation. But each product has its own characteristics, which you need to get acquainted before the start of work.
- Selection of unsuitable components. The needle should be the corresponding thickness for each type of fabric. If you take too thin needle for jeans, it will result in not only the breakdown of one needle, but the entire sewing mechanism.
- Failure to comply with preventive measures. The machine must be regularly cleaned from accumulated dirt and fabric residues. And also do not forget to lubricate the details so that they do not rust.
Attention! Most often, improper adjustment leads to breakdowns, which can be performed independently if you carefully study the operating instructions
Electric sewing machines malfunctions
An electric sewing machine is most often broken for the following reasons:
- Incorrectly selected needle. It is selected in the thickness of the thread and the quality of the fabric;
- The use of a thread that is not suitable for a needle, or just a poor.Quality thread;
- Malfunctions in the settings of the mechanism;
- The output of the motor is out of order (this leads to cliffs of the wires, the frequent shutdown of electricity, the engine winding);
- Claim of a computer built into a sewing machine.
How to reduce the likelihood of a breakdown
The operators of the unified service of the AiSberg service every day receive at least 10-15 calls from users who complain about a constant break in threads in the sewing machine. To minimize the likelihood of a malfunction, we recommend the following:
- Check the correct refueling of the thread.
- Before sewing, inspect the needle plate and the needle itself for deformations and wear.
- Use a suitable pair of “thread-og” when working with specific material (especially when it comes to fabrics with increased density).
- Adjust the tension of threads, avoid sagging them.
- Call a specialist for regular lubrication of mobile elements of the machine. This prevention significantly reduces the risk of a break in the thread or tangling of threads.
A surface inspection of a sewing machine for visible defects, regular needle replacement and the correct selection of threads will avoid more than 90% of typical malfunctions, and also extend the working resource of technology.