How to install air conditioner ceiling fan
The fan has always been a good assistant in the fight against heat, and located on the ceiling, it is even more effective. They are used very long ago, but the air conditioners, who were supposed to replace the archaic device, took root far from all houses. The ceiling fan can be met even more often and there are certain prerequisites for this.
The main feature of such devices will be the ability to connect to the available wiring and installation without any harsh installation work. It will not be necessary to lay additional tubes for the circulation of the cooler, there is no need to mount a separate fishing line for the trimmer of the wiring to the distribution shield.
Depending on the model, you need to provide connection to the mains and install the mounting plate, to which the device itself will be attached. If there are wires laid in advance, the installation can take only half an hour.
There will be no special tools and cardinal alterations in the room for installation. Maybe it will be necessary to make a bar for wiring, but this is the most difficult part of the work. The rest will not cause difficulties. You need to connect a couple of wires and attach the mechanism to the ceiling. All this can be done without the help of others and without the recruitment of third.Party professionals.
The 2nd fundamental feature of such devices will be the opportunity to install them even in children’s rooms, where the installation of the air conditioner is very undesirable. It does not change the air temperature as air conditioning, but only promotes the best circulation of air masses, so that the installation of similar equipment will be even useful to the child.
Types of diffusers
In a store or company selling ventilation equipment, you will be offered to choose a large number of diffusers different in appearance and materials. It is more or less easy to determine the materials-choose what you like more or which is better suited for operating conditions. If the ventilation ducts are made of metal, it is logical (albeit not necessary) to use metal lattices. They are galvanized, made of stainless steel, from ordinary steel, but painted with powder paint.
If the ventilations are made of plastic pipes, they are better to join with plastic diffusers. Here, it seems, everything is clear. With the rest of the parameters is a little more complicated, let’s understand.
Place of use
The names speak for themselves: they are used in different parts of the ventilation system. Supply and exhaust are distinguished by the direction and position of lamellas and partitions. There is no too much difference, just some work better to output, others work on entering. In principle, you can put the supply on the hood or vice versa. Disaster will not happen, but the performance of the ventsistem may fall a little. In private houses and the apartment, the difference, due to low performance, is impossible to notice. Tangible changes can only be in ventilation of high performance.
Universal diffusers pass the air in both directions the same. So they can be placed without hesitation. But, as usual, the “station wagons” work slightly worse than specially designed models.
This is how adjustable supply diffuser works. Changes the direction and shape of the air flow
We need explanations only, perhaps, with combined models. They differ in that part of the device works on the influx, part. On the outflow. Accordingly, they are connected to different parts of the ventilation system. That is, you can install only one universal diffuser on the ceiling, and it will be necessary to connect it to two branches. An supply and exhaust. The connection method is described in each specific model, in general, it makes no sense to talk about it.
Adaptive Ducted : Next Generation Packaged Air Conditioner
In private houses and apartments, plastic ones are most often used. For this situation, this is the best option. At a relatively low price, they have excellent performance, long service life, easy to care, are not subject to corrosion. They join without problems with plastic air ducts, which are more often used in private houses.
Ceiling diffuser can be made of plastic, metal, with wooden elements
Metal diffusers are used in production facilities where only non.Combustible materials can be used. They are much more expensive, weigh more, which complicates the installation.
There are also diffusers, the outer part of which (grille) is made of wood. Such devices will perfectly fit into the interior of a wooden house.
Most often you can see ceiling diffuser. They are used in 95% of ventilation systems, both in the supply and exhaust systems. Basically because the air is mixed in the upper part of the room, without delivering special discomfort to a person. And also because it is easier to make a ventilation system with a false-fed-fake device if it simply was not before. Most often, the devices are attached to the main ceiling, and a hole that covers the lattice in a stretch/suspended ceiling.
Sometimes supply ventilation is done through the basement. Then they put floor diffusers. The phenomenon is very rare.
Wall diffusers use even less often. There are not many situations. For example, in apartments after replacing windows with plastic. In this case, you need an influx of fresh air and you can provide it only by making a hole in the wall and installing a diffuser. Or with a lack of an influx of fresh air and unwillingness to erect/reconstruct the supply system.
Then it will talk about ceiling diffusers, since they are most, and all others still need to be searched. They are usually taken to order.
Installing a ceiling fan is not as hard as it might seem. The installation circuit is quite simple and everything can be done with your own hands, but you need to adhere to strict installation rules.
Kitchen ceiling fan
- The installation of the product on the concrete base is carried out using fasteners for the ceiling. How fasteners are dowels or screws.
- To prevent vibration, it is necessary to make gaps between the ceiling and the product itself.
- For installation on the suspended or rack surface, it is necessary to make suspended elements in advance, on which then it will be necessary to fix the device.
- Control panel, if it is not remote, should be located in a convenient place. Usually they are placed on the walls, at the level of light on.
- Typically, different models of fans that are not included in the same series may differ in fastening methods. So do not be too lazy to familiarize yourself with the instructions before installing.
- Be sure to use decorative caps coming with the device. They allow you to hide the fasteners of the fan and wires.
- The consolidation of the product on the ceiling is carried out using the hook. Using the bar, you can adjust the distance from the blade to the blade.
Even easier to hire specialists who will perform installation. Many stores immediately offer their services when buying a device.
Before you go for the search for a ceiling fan, it is recommended to study the list of the most important parameters on which its effectiveness and reliability depends.
The productivity of the device depends on this indicator. The larger the area of the room in which the installation of the device is planned, the higher the power should be. You can calculate the optimal power of the ceiling fan yourself using a simple formula: the area of the room is multiplied by 2.
The diameter of the blades. This characteristic affects how much the air will move the device in 1 turnover.
Suitable diameter of the blades depending on the area of the room:
For rooms of larger area, several devices are usually installed.
Changing the operating modes gives the owner the opportunity to choose the most comfortable conditions.
Most modern models have at least 3 rotation modes of blades, which are quite enough.
For residential premises, including bedrooms, only those devices whose noise does not exceed 30 dB are suitable.
Mounting method and control method
Any device placed on the ceiling should be securely fixed. When choosing a fan, you should pay attention to how exactly the device is attached. The more fasteners parts, the better.
Modern ceiling fans can be controlled using the remote control, but there are devices that turn on and off which is possible only using a wall regulator. The lack of the latter is the need to install wires, which can only be done during the repair.
In this old house, the owner Kevin O’Connor and electrician Scott Caron are sent to Denver to install the fan on the ceiling of the cathedral.
Say goodbye with fogged windows, mirrors and stale smells! Our detailed guidelines for installing ventilation fans in the bathroom will help you eliminate ventilation problems.
How to install a 4-way ceiling cassette heat pump / AC
Ceiling fans in the interior
With such products, the room will become interesting and creative. A rich color palette, many materials used in production will allow you to choose the best option that harmoniously fits into the overall style of space.
The ceiling fan can be installed anywhere where it is necessary:
- In the kitchen. In the dining area or in the middle of the room. It will increase the performance of air conditioning systems, the rate of weathering of the odors from cooking.
- In the bedroom or living room. For such rooms and other recreation areas, preference should be given to models with a low noise level.
- In the children’s room, such products are appropriate because of their safety and isolation from the child due to placement under the ceiling.
Advantages of the ceiling device
Along with environmental friendliness and reliability, the ceiling is endowed with many advantages before the air conditioning: firstly: when installing the ceiling device, you do not need to install a large and fairly hot external unit, which will spoil the facade. If your house is considered historical development, then if you want to install air conditioning, you will need to coordinate this external unit. The question arises: how to deal with such discomfort? How to get out of this position, living in such rooms? Secondly: installing the split systems in places such as open street cafes and arbors, tents and summer verandas are meaningless, because the effect of their work simply will not be. Here you can create coolness only with a working fan. Thirdly: the installation of the ceiling device is quite simple and you do not need additional assistants. A non.Specialist will also cope with this procedure. Fourth: electricity consumption of a conventional ceiling device is completely comparable to the consumption of a simple light bulb. In fifth: “The law is the law!”:” In areas where the outer air temperature exceeds 25 ° C in rooms with continuous stay of people, it is recommended to provide for the installation of ceiling devices to increase the speed of air to 0.3. 0.5 m/s “.
Another significant difference is the relatively low price of the ceiling fan, unlike the cost and installation of the air conditioner.
In Europe, States and Canada, ceiling devices are used in completely different types of buildings: in industrial premises, in bars and restaurants, gyms, in hotels, in business centers, etc.P. There is no longer a secret for anyone, that reasonable Americans and Europeans prefer fans. There is an erroneous opinion in Russia that there are no alternatives of split systems, and that they are the most effective for solving simple problems.
Advantages of ceiling lamps with a fan:
- Combining two full.Fledged electrical devices. Fan and ordinary chandelier.
- Silent work. Even with the largest load, the light fan does not make irritating sounds.
- The presence of a fuel chandelier does not change a normal microclimate in the rooms.
- Independent operation of the lamp and fan. If necessary, you can use the lamp separately or ventilate the room.
- Uniform distribution of air flows around the entire perimeter of the room.
- Antirallergen. The use of the ceiling fan is allowed for people who are allergic to dust.
- Affordable price. Chandeliers of fans are much cheaper than air conditioners.
- Great appearance. You can choose a model for any type of interior.
- Simplicity of installation. In the presence of minimal skills of an electrician, this device can be installed independently.
- Simplicity of service. As the blade is contaminated, wiped from the accumulated dust.
- The absence of the need to set the walls to output condensate. Ceiling fans-lighters are mounted as ordinary chandeliers.
- Small electricity consumption for air cooling. The ceiling chandelier consumes less energy than the 100 watts light bulb.
- Efficient cooling or heating of the room in the presence of air conditioning, t.To. The fan-lover distributes air flows in the room faster.
- The ability to use in rooms of any area, t.To. Does not take a place on the wall.
- The ability to install in open rooms: on the verandas, arbors and terraces.
- Security. The device is installed on the ceiling and cannot harm the residents and pets.
- The ability to install in almost all rooms, except for wet.
- Environmental friendliness of the device. Ceiling fans-lighters are made of environmentally friendly materials: wood, metal, glass, etc.
- The ability to install several devices in one room.
Recommendations for the installation of a ceiling fan
Installing the ceiling fan on the concrete base involves fastening the device on the ceiling using dowels and screws of standard sizes.
To install the fan on the suspended or rack ceiling, the presence of special suspended elements should be provided, on which the device will subsequently be attached.
To avoid the appearance of vibration during the fan operation, in advance, provide for the presence of the gaps between the ceiling and the device.
Before installing the fan. Chandeliers, you should take care of turning off the power supply.
When installing the fan carefully study the instructions, because different models have different methods and types of fastening.
The standard fan is characterized by the presence of two decorative caps, the main function of which is the protection of fasteners and wires.
The fan mount to the ceiling is carried out using a hook, which are diverse. The bar ensures the distance between the fan blades.