How long does the washing machine. an overview of modes
Sometimes the question arises, how long does the machine wash, how long is the process? Usually the duration of the programs is prescribed in the manual, but not always the latter is available at hand. And used machines may have no documents at all. However, there are some general patterns, focusing on which you can at least approximately imagine how long the washing machine washes in time.
Often this cycle is performed not 1, but 2 or 3 times during the washing. This will depend on the mode and program selected.
In addition to the main 3 stages, there are additional ones, on which also depends on how long the machine washes: prewash and extra rinse. Some programs have these steps, somewhere they are skipped. Also, the time will be spent on heating, draining and dialing water. There are many such additional factors, so it is worth dwelling on them in detail.
Factors that determine the duration of washing
A full washing cycle includes certain steps, and there should be at least three of them:
The duration of each washing step depends on a number of factors, so the time of washing may be different. These factors include:
- water heating temperature. this means that the higher the heating temperature, the longer the water will be heated, and thus the laundry will be washed. The shortest washing time, other things being equal, will be when heating water to 30 0 C, or when washing in cold water;
- the use of an additional rinse also increases the washing time by an average of 20-30 minutes;
- number of spins. the more spin speed, the longer the spin time, so, for example, when spinning at 800 rpm machine spins 10 minutes, and when spinning at 1000 rpm. 15 minutes;
- the additional washing function will extend the time for another 15-25 minutes;
- soaking is similar to the process of additional washing;
- increases the time and the function of boiling the laundry, again in order for the water to heat to a temperature of at least 95 0 C;
- Weight of laundry. this feature is only in modern washing machines of medium and high value class, the machine itself determines by the weight of the laundry how much detergent to wash, water, and sets its duration;
- degree of soiling. this function is also found only in luxury washing machines, thanks to special sensors, the machine determines the water consumption and the optimum mode of washing for duration and temperature.
By the way! The presence of the last two functions in an automatic washing machine is not always economically justified. Any housewife is quite able to pick up the washing mode on their own on the machine with standard functions without overpayment.
How long does it take to wash synthetics??
Synthetics. In this mode, the machine runs for 1, 5 hours. There is a special wash programme for big items. It is usually called “Blanket” or “Down” and lasts less than 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Washing at a temperature of 30 degrees and lasts 1 hour (60 minutes). The program “Wool”. A mode specifically designed for woollens and knitwear. In addition to a low temperature wash at 40 degrees, this mode is also programmed to no spin, thus avoiding stretching and warping fabrics.
What is the difference between handwash and delicate washing??
The manual mode refers to the category of delicate washing. differs from the others by the fact that at once you can wash a smaller amount of laundry, the drum rotates at a slower rate, spin mode is absent or the spin is gentle (on some models of automatic machines).
“Gentle washing machine mode
Delicate washing in a washing machine means that cleaning is always at low temperature, to avoid the possibility of staining the items and losing their color (depending on the model the temperature varies from 30 to 40 degrees);
How long does a normal wash last??
How long does a delicate or hand wash last in a washing machine? 50 to 90 minutes. The delicate program is equal to the manual, as it gently cleans the clothes, does not stretch, and clothes do not fade. Manual mode on different models can last from 56 to 60 minutes.
Cycle time. 2 hours. There are also programs: Cotton 40 degrees. washing time 1.5 hours (90 minutes). Cotton 60 degrees. 1 hour 50 min.
Peculiarities of “Indesit” Cwm’s operation
When using Indesit washing machines, follow these rules:
- Observe the maximum load capacity of the drum.
- Sort the laundry by color, type of fabric, fastness of dyeing and decorations (embroidery, beads, rhinestones, etc.). д.). The presence of decorations is a reason to use special bags.
- Read the labels on the garment. what is allowed and what is not allowed for the specific garment.
- Check the s. this will prevent damage to the washer-dryer.
- Turn your sweaters, shirts and other clothes inside out. this will help to increase the quality of washing.
- It is forbidden to wash many large things at once, so as not to disturb the balance of the drum.
- When pressing the “start” button, make sure the appliance is plugged in.
- Turn the selector switch to the right position when selecting the mode. If necessary, adjust the process parameters with the special switches. After adjusting the settings, start the appliance.
Washing time in the washing machine
The washing machine has become so functional and self-sufficient that the user can rely on it not only in the matter of washing, but also in choosing the program. It is enough to press the required button and the machine will set the required parameters. But sometimes you have to choose the conditions. temperature, spin speed, etc. д. It is useful to know how long a particular process lasts. Let’s understand what washing time in the washing machine corresponds to the most popular modes.
What affects the cycle time?
It’s not hard to notice that cycle times are different for different modes. What factors influence it:
- Temperature. Time is spent on heating water. Washing in cool water gains time of 10-15 min.
- Pre-wash or extra wash. If you add it to the main process, you need to add another quarter of an hour on top.
- Soaking. You can also turn this function on, but you have to sacrifice another third of an hour, no less.
- Extra rinse. It is necessary for thorough rinsing of things. Have to add another half hour to the main cycle time.
- Intelligent approach. Modern washing machines determine the program by themselves. In doing so, they are guided by the weight of the laundry loaded and its degree of soiling. The fuller the drum and the more spots, the longer the treatment.
- The individual characteristics of the machine. The newer the model, the faster the solution. In older versions, even the express version took 40 minutes.
Prewash. how long does it last??
This programme helps to improve the washing quality. A function comparable to a soak. The peculiarity is that the powder is put in two compartments. One tray will be used for prewash, the second tray will be used for the main wash. Prewash sequence:
- Starting the machine. Powder is squeezed out of one container. As much water as possible is added to the tank.
- Water is heated to 30 degrees. This temperature is maintained constantly. these are optimal conditions for the removal of impurities from the fibers of fabric. Hot water, on the contrary, promotes attachment of juice, fruit, blood stains.
- The duration depends on which particular automatic washing machine is used. brand and model. Maximal time: 2 hours.
- At the end of the soak, the water will be drained. Clean water is poured into the tank for the main process.
How long does a delicate wash last?
The washing machine, even the most innovative one, can hopelessly ruin things sewn from thin or capricious fabrics. For delicate items that require extra care, most washing machines have a delicate washing process. By choosing it, users extend the life of their favorite garments. And there are items for which other modes are simply contraindicated.
As applied to washing, delicacy is understood as follows:
- Large amounts of water. The tank is filled to the maximum. The more water, the less mechanical stress on the items being washed.
- Cooler water. Gentle washing does not allow temperatures above 30-40 degrees. the exact maximum depends on the specific model and manufacturer. This approach is indispensable for colored items prone to shedding.
- Smooth running of the drum. Slower than normal spin speed.
- In some models there is no spin activation in the delicacy mode at all, in others the spin speed is reduced to 400-600 rpm.
- If the spin is not activated, the garment is lightly wrung out by hand. almost all the water drains out on its own.
The duration of the delicate cooking process varies depending on the model. On average, it is 1-1.5 hours. Maximum duration 2.5 hours. The process is comparable to hand-washing. shrinkage, stretching, shedding are avoided. The fibre structure is not damaged in any way. It is the ideal way to wash lycra, organza, cashmere, polyester, satin, guipure, wool, silk, elastane.
Symbol on the control panel. a basin of water. One or two stripes at the bottom. These are indicators for the amount of water. There are other designations. a butterfly, a skein of wool, a flower.
Hand wash in a washing machine. how long does it take?
This is just a kind of delicate laundry. If the product’s label has a picture of a hand submerged in water, it can only be washed in the washing machine in that mode. Or by hand. The program implies extremely gentle handling with the gentlest mechanical action possible. Temperature. 30 degrees. Minimum speed of 400 rpm. Duration. about one hour.
The drum is loaded to 50%. so that the clothes do not crumple and are properly washed. The tank must be filled as much as possible. plenty of water and space. If the spin is provided, it is set to the minimum. 350-500 revolutions. If desired, you can turn it off. The delicate and manual modes are used not only for whimsical fabrics. we listed them in the previous section. but also for items with appliques, embroidery and other decorations. Such a program is also useful for shoes and outerwear. you can wash jackets, coats, down jackets.
Wash as long as possible. intensive wash?
This is the most serious and time-consuming treatment. It is used in extreme cases. if the clothes are heavily soiled and if their fabric allows you to apply the conditions offered by intensive washing:
- High water temperature. Maximum. 90-95 °C.
- extra-long rinse.
- The whole cycle can take 2.5-4 hours. The exact time depends on the specific model.
The disadvantages are the high water, power and time consumption, as well as increased wear and tear on the items. This is a challenge for both the machine and the laundry. Intensive laundering can be done on cotton, linen, synthetics.